- 2- Hidden Camp Farm Organic Pastured Stewing Hens
- 2 quarts water
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup organic wheat flour
- 1 large Hidden Camp Farm Pastured egg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp raw Hidden Camp Farm salted butter
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Camp Farm raw milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in water; cool slightly. Remove chicken from bones; discard bones. Skim fat from broth. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; add to broth with remaining ingredients except noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, for noodles, place flour in a small bowl and make a well in the center. Stir together remaining ingredients; pour into well. Working the mixture with your hands, form a dough. Knead for 5-6 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. On a floured surface, roll dough out to a square, 1/16 to 1/8 in. thick, and cut into 1/4-in.-wide strips. Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes or until done. Drain and add to soup just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.